Apprentice Artistic Directors/Producers
Application Deadline: August 12th, 2017
Start Date: Sep 15, 2017
Salary: $15,000/ 10 months (Part Time)
Location: Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Newmarket, Aurora, Stouffville, Markham, some Toronto
Shadowpath’s mission is to have a highly functional creative team comprised of five female theatre practitioners that wish to enhance their career path with artistic direction and producing. Develop and share skills with Shadowpath’s programming, proven models, partnerships and community initiatives. Shadowpath's Artistic Director will share tips, tools and templates for successful management, creation and producing.
This is a 10 month apprenticeship, $15,000/apprentice, with weekly in person meetings, industry workshops, assigned tasks and projects and frequent communication with Shadowpath’s Artistic Director.
Hours required per week:
This position is intended for those in the performing arts or with a performing arts background or focus. The Apprenticeship is based on tasks accomplished and meeting deadlines not hours worked. Attendance at a weekly in-person or a google hang out meeting is required. Some meetings are more mandatory than others. Apprentices manage their other tasks and hours contributed with their own schedules and have the freedom to request projects and areas of focus. The Apprenticeship is best suited for independent contractors and those who have some flexibility in scheduling and are not bound to 9-5 full time employment. The Apprenticeship is a slightly different experience for everyone. You will work your strengths and delve into areas you wish to improve on for your career.
We require exceptional communicators who are enthusiastic, ambitious, have a positive, assertive attitude AND who have a high regard for punctuality. Easy and reliable access to York Region locations is required. Familiarity to York Region is an asset.
This creative team will be comprised of women with skills in the following:
Grant writing and editing
Budgeting and finance
Research and development
Making something out of nothing
Shadowpath is a site-specific charitable arts organization founded in 2002 that transforms everyday spaces into creative places. We are excited to expand our creative team by inviting 5 PAID female apprentices to train as Artistic Directors and Producers. This initiative will extend Shadowpath’s reach towards new demographics including senior and youth communities while nurturing and building audiences and partnerships with our current programming.
Shadowpath aims to empower the next generation of female theatre leaders!
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
A THREE minute video answering THREE (your choice) of the following:
1 Explain one skill you have to contribute to this Apprenticeship and one skill that you expect to learn and improve on.
2) What’s the most difficult goal you’ve set? Walk me through the process and purpose.
3) Name an industry that could benefit from experiencing live theatre and describe the benefits.
4) What is something you'd be happy doing every single day for the rest of your career?
5) Describe the most creative project you’ve been involved with.
6) What are your two most significant accomplishments?
7) What is something you really want to accomplish and could if you had more money?
8) If you could choose another career path outside of the Arts, what would it be and why?
9) If you were a brand, what would be your motto?
10) Describe a live theatrical performance you’ve experienced and what made it great.
Record and edit your three minute video with your camera phone/video camera, etc.
Post your video:
a) to Youtube as an unlisted video or
b) by sending it through a file sharing service (such as Dropbox)
- If you don’t have a Youtube account already, you’ll have to create one.
- Sign into your Youtube account.
- Click the upload button near the top right of the YouTube Page.
- Select your video and click upload
- There is a dropdown menu that will allow you to choose “Public” “Unlisted” or “Private.” Choose the UNLISTED option. This will allow only those with a link to the video to view it.
- Copy the link to your new video and email it to:
- If you have a Dropbox account or another file sharing service, you can send a link to your video to:
Those who are shortlisted will be contacted for a second round of Apprenticeship consideration in Richmond Hill on August 16.